Friday, December 31, 2010

あけましておめでとう!!

..aka Happy New Years everyone! This past year has been absolutely amazing and full of adventures! And to think just a year ago I was about to get engaged..So much has happened and we sure have come a long way haven't we? We have come so far that I am now able to get Trav to eat....are you ready for this Momma Jenkins?? Its gonna completely blow you away!! OK here goes...I am now able to get Trav to eat TOFU! Yes, it was actual Tofu, and no I did not have to force feed him or drug him beforehand..I didn't even have to bribe him! 
Although now that I look at the pic, he does kinda look drugged out! o(≧∇≦*o)
But we tried our hand at making a Sukiyaki/Nabe type dish for New Year's Eve..We have a great recipe for Sukiyaki (<3 you LORI!!!) but unfortunately the price of pork was up three fold for the new years so we had to make do with this weird ground up chicken dango (dumpling) thingie..They were pretty good but not nearly as good as the sliced pork! And there was tofu in this dish!! Now I can mark "getting my hubby to eat tofu" off my list of wifely duties! ヾ(●⌒∇⌒●)ノやった!
 So a few days ago Trav and I met up with our friend Alex who is also studying abroad through the CSU program in South Korea. We took her to Odaiba which is that island right behind our apartment that we've been talking about..we had lots of fun shopping around and of course, took some pics!!
 Words cannot express the awesome perfectness of this pic...

 Perhaps a change in career choices??

 Looks like they still don't have spell check on their word processors..XD Maybe I will be needed here after I graduate!!
Rainbow Bridge
 This was an ad in the girl's bathroom at the Odaiba train station..Im not sure wtf is going on in this pic to be honest..The Japanese phrase literally translates as "Be careful not to forget to shit"...Great advice Japan, great advice...
Yes their names are "Lubey", "Pokey" and "Ribber" and yes, this is an actual display window on a busy boardwalk..
 Tokyo Tower..I always find it so pretty even though I see it everyday...Well that's all the updates for now..Trav and I got our cold soba noodles to eat tonight (a Japanese tradition on New Year's Eve) and of course some champagne for midnight! We were gonna bundle up and try and find a local temple to ring in the new year at (literally speaking..they usually will ring a giant bell 108 times at midnight..Hope no one nearby has to work tomorrow!) but then we found out that Tokyo Tower has its own thing going on at midnight and so we might just watch from our balcony, where we can easily escape the cold! But I hope everyone has an amazing and safe New Years..We are always thinking about you guys and miss you all like crazy!
but before I leave, I thought I'd post this pic of the most epic hat in the world:
A KITTY BEANIE!! I dunno how I survived this long without one..Thank you Lori!!!!!
(=^. .^=)ミャー <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment